Monday, January 24, 2011

Warm Weather Classics

When I woke up this morning it was 6 degrees outside. My feet are layered under 2 pair of socks snuggled in a pair of boots. My mind wanders to summer, when my super white, super dry feet turn tan and lovely. If nothing else on my body turns golden the tops of my feet always will. I look in my closet to find a pair of my favorites.

My Ada Pleats Peep in Black are well worn, slightly roughed up, definitely in need of a fresh sole. The heel is only about 1.5 - 2 inches so one of the most comfortable city walking shoes shifting my weight ever so slightly. Around the toes 4 large pleats resemble petals and a very vintage look overall. Being all leather they do stretch, slightly more in the width. I was a little shocked to see that Frye makes them (known so well for their boots than their dainty peep toe heels.) I have had them for a year and a half now and still love them dressed up or dressed down. Whether dancing at a wedding in a dress or in jeans at a bar singing live band karaoke, I will never worry about hobbling home with blisters. I only wish Frye made some more vintage inspired shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment